If you’ve ever thought about being a part of this essential profession then this is the perfect qualification to get you started.
As a Dental Assistant, you will be responsible for preparing the surgery, assisting the dentist chairside, processing and sterilising all of the instruments and cleaning the surgery. You will also develop skills in reception work and the management of supplies.
Our dental assisting qualification provides you with skills that are relevant to current industry trends and practices.
North Metropolitan TAFE's Dental Assisting courses are located in the Oral Health Centre of WA (OHCWA) at Nedlands. This is also the training centre for dentists, oral health therapists and dental technicians.
As a part of this qualification, you will have the opportunity to take part in work placements at other dental organisations or at the OHCWA, giving you real experience in the industry in a modern dental care facility.
Gain these skills
- Work in general and specialised dentistry
- Conduct infection control and sterilisation of instruments
- Produce a dental chart
- Engage in dental radiography and photography
- Understand microbiology
- Implement Workplace Health and Safety
- Engage in dental practice administration and reception duties
- Fabricate dental models and trays and make mouthguards