Early Childhood Education and Care is an expanding sector for those with a passion for the care and education of young children up to the age of 5 years. The sector is demanding higher qualifications and training from educators to ensure consistently high standards of education and care for children placed in these services. This can be achieved by completing the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
You'll learn how to interact and foster the development of the children while working within legal requirements and ensuring the children's health and safety are not at risk.
As part of this qualification you will undertake a work placement where you will be able to apply the skills and knowledge you have learned.
You will work closely with children from different backgrounds and cultures and provide care and support for them in various child care situations.
When completing the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care you will:
- Learn to interact and foster the development of young children
- Work within legal requirements
- Ensure children's health and safety is prioritised
- Work with children of different backgrounds and cultures
- Provide support to children in different child care environments
- Undertake work placement to apply the practical skills and knowledge you have learned
Students are required to obtain a Working with Children Check before attending work placement.