National ID: AUR20516 | State ID: AB05
Gear up for a career in the automotive industry
Complete this pre-apprenticeship course and you'll have what employers will are looking for in an apprentice light vehicle automotive service and repair technician. It will give you the skills, knowledge and behaviours to make you more competitive and give you a flying start in learning a trade. Plus our strong links to the automotive industry may also help!
Automotive technicians work on the mechanical parts of motor vehicles, including the engine, transmission and suspension systems.
Gain these skills
- Carry out servicing operations
- Inspect and service engines, steering and suspension systems
- Repair single electrical circuits
- Use and maintain workplace tools and equipment
- Apply basic automotive troubleshooting processes
Your qualification prepares you for roles such as:
Apprentice Vehicle Service Person | Automotive Service and Repair Technician
Further Study Option(s)
Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- Not competitive
- No selection criteria
|Midland||One semester||Yes||Academic achievement and work history|
- One semester
- This is a competitive course.
- Academic achievement and work history
|Albany||One semester||Yes||Academic achievement and work history|
|Bunbury||One semester||Yes||Academic achievement and work history|
Please contact the college to receive an indicative price for this course.