National ID: HLT23215 | State ID: AYY2
Open the door to a career in health
The Certificate II in Health Support Services will enable you to work in the health or aged care sector in a variety of different environments such as a hospital assistant, patient services assistant, catering staff, cleaner, gardener, stores person and ward assistant.
Throughout the course, you will gain the knowledge and hands-on practical skills to work effectively with others in a team environment, communicate in the workplace and apply workplace health and safety and infection control practices. In addition, you will gain a range of skills that will enable you to work as a member of a team that provides support for the effective functioning of health services.
Gain these skills
- Develop sound communication skills
- Perform general cleaning tasks in a clinical setting
- Handle food safely
- Prepare and maintain beds
- Transport individuals
- Undertake routine stock maintenance including linen supplies
Your qualification prepares you for roles such as:
Hospital Orderly | Wardsperson | Patient Services Assistant | Nursing Support Worker | Personal Care Assistant
Other job titles may include:
- Health Services Assistant | Health Support Services Worker
- Institutional Cook | Kitchen Attendant
- Food Services Deliverer
- Housekeeping Attendant
- Hospital Maintenance Worker
- Not competitive
- No selection criteria
|No selection criteria
Please contact the college to receive an indicative price for this course.