National ID: SFI30119 | State ID: BEI5
Are you looking to join a school of fish lovers?
This course is ideal for those looking to expand on the skills and knowledge they gained in Certificate II in Aquaculture. It also comes packed with opportunities to upskill with either boating or diving skills. While a solid foundation in aquatic science is essential, the aquaculture sector prefers to hire staff with additional boating and/or diving qualifications.
You will gain the following knowledge and skills:
- Care for and maintain fish stocks, culture and holding environments
- Installing or constructing stock culture or holding structures and other allied structures
- Assessing and controlling biosecurity and stock health and treating aquatic stock for diseases
- Monitoring and maintaining water quality
- Co-ordinating feeding activities, handling and harvesting operations for aquatic stock
- Operating high technology water treatment components
- Implementing emergency procedures, occupational health and safety policies and guidelines
Your qualification prepares you for roles such as:
Fish farm assistant, Hobby aquarium shop assistant, Seafood processor
Further Study Option(s)
Certificate III in Aquaculture
Diploma of Aquaculture
View this course on South Metropolitan TAFE's website
- Not competitive
- No selection criteria
|Fremantle||One semester||No||No selection criteria|
Please contact the college to receive an indicative price for this course.
Page last updated April 27, 2023