National ID: MAR40320 | State ID: BFW3
This certificate will allow you to work as:
- Master on commercial vessels up to 45 metres long within the exclusive economic zone (EEZ).
- Master on vessels up to 80 metres long in inshore waters.
- Chief mate or deck watchkeeper on vessels up to 80 metres long within the EEZ.
Gain these skills:
- manage loading, discharging and stowing of cargo
- manage vessel stability
- slip or dock a vessel and maintain hull on a vessel up to 80 metres
- plan and supervise routine maintenance on a vessel up to 80 metres
- manage a propulsion unit using appropriate engine systems and support services
- monitor and manage vessel operations
- operate deck machinery and steering gear on a vessel up to 80 metres
- apply basic survival skills in the event of vessel abandonment
- follow procedures to minimise and fight fires on board a vessel
- meet work health and safety requirements
- manage and maintain a navigational watch on board vessels up to 80 metres
- manoeuvre a vessel up to 80 metres
Your qualification prepares you for roles such as:
Further Study Option(s)
Diploma of Maritime Operations (Watchkeeper Deck)
Diploma of Maritime Operations (Master less than 500 GT)
Advanced Diploma of Maritime Operations (Master Unlimited)
View this course on South Metropolitan TAFE's website
- Not competitive
- No selection criteria
|Fremantle||One semester||No||No selection criteria|
Please contact the college to receive an indicative price for this course.
Page last updated May 04, 2023