National ID: 52757WA | State ID: YN65
This course will expose you to drafting residential buildings within the building and construction industry. You will develop the knowledge and skills you will need to draft single residential scale buildings, both single and double storey. The skills you gain are practical and hands on and as part of the course you will be required to design and document a residential project with an industry mentor. This practical experience will prove valuable in gaining employment and beginning your career in this industry.
This building design and construction qualifications provide you with skills that are relevant to current industry trends and practices.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Create working drawings for residential projects
- Create design concept drawings for residential projects
- Understand construction technology and materials
- Use 3D software (ArchiCAD)
- Learn principles of passive solar design, environmental design
- Rules and regulations for council approval
- Understand building sustainability for Australian conditions
Your qualification prepares you for roles such as:
Architectural Draftsperson, Residential Draftsperson or Builder Drafter
Further Study Option(s)
Diploma of Building Design
- Not competitive
- No selection criteria
|Bunbury||12 months||No||No selection criteria|
Please contact the college to receive an indicative price for this course.