National ID: CPP40121 | State ID: BGI4
A career by design
This course will expose you to drafting residential buildings within the building and construction industry. You'll develop the knowledge and skills you'll need to draft residential buildings, both single and double storey. Drafters produce drawings and documentation and use CAD software to draft and document residential Class 1 and 10 building designs.
Our residential drafting qualification provides you with skills that are relevant to current industry trends and practices.
Once you have completed this Certificate IV course you will be able to apply your skills to diverse residential building design projects. You may also choose to progress to the Diploma of Buidling Design.
Gain these skills
- Create working drawings for residential projects
- Analyse design drawings for residential projects
- Understand construction technology and materials
- Use 3D software (ArchiCAD)
- Learn principles of passive solar design, environmental design
- Rules and regulations for council approval
- Understand National Construction Code (NCC)
Your qualification prepares you for roles such as:
Other job titles may include:
- Builder Drafter
Further Study Option(s)
Diploma of Building Design
- Not competitive
- No selection criteria
|Perth||Two semesters||Yes||Academic achievement and work history|
Please contact the college to receive an indicative price for this course.