National ID: SIS40419 | State ID: BEU6
Get a head start in the sporting industry
This Certificate IV in Sport Development will give you the skills to get ahead and take advantage of the varied opportunities in the sporting industry in Australia. You'll cover topics such as; teamwork and leadership; planning and delivering sport and recreation programs; using sport technology; event management; risk management; exercise science; managing volunteers and working with stakeholders. You'll be equipped to fulfil your clients' sporting objectives and work effectively within a sporting organisation.
During the course of your studies you'll have access to the live works gym facility at our Northbridge campus and have the opportunity to gain learning support to improve study, literacy or numeracy skills.
Gain these skills
- developing knowledge of sport technology used in the industry
- work effectively within a team environment or autonomously in an organisational structure
- the ability to conduct and coordinate sporting activities for others
- understand how to incorporate exercise science principles into fitness instruction and programming
- responsibility for coordination and supervision of volunteers in variety of roles
- ability to plan, setup, conduct and monitor an event
Your qualification prepares you for roles such as:
Sport Development Officer, Development officer, Coordinator for Programs & Competitions, Volunteer coordinator, Events coordinator, Talent Development Coordinator, Administrator within sport clubs or organisations
Further Study Option(s)
You can continue your studies in a Diploma course or apply for entry into a Bachelor degree at university.
- Not competitive
- No selection criteria
|Leederville||Six months||No||No selection criteria|
Please contact the college to receive an indicative price for this course.