National ID: MAR50120 | State ID: AC31
Combine your passion for machines and engines with the marine industry and pursue your career as a chief engineer or second engineer on a vessel.
Be guided by our team of expert lecturers as you gain extensive practical experience in knowledge of marine systems and machinery as well as naval architecture. You’ll learn shipboard safety from fire prevention and firefighting to operating survival craft, providing first aid, and leadership techniques.
We also offer courses that have been approved by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) in accordance with the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and the International Maritime Organisation (IMO).
On completion of this Diploma, you’ll become eligible to apply for your certificate of competency engineer class 3 (near coastal) and gain the licensing to become a chief engineer or second engineer on appropriate ships in Australian waters.
Please visit the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) website for details regarding required sea service and additional requirements.
Gain these skills
- apply leadership and team working capability
- contribute to fire prevention and firefighting (basic firefighting)
- observe personal safety and social responsibility (PSSR)
- operate survival craft, rescue boats and lifesaving appliances (proficiency in survival craft)
- prevent, control and fight fires on board a vessel (advanced firefighting)
- survive at sea in the event of vessel abandonment and personal survival techniques (PST)
- monitor compliance with legislative requirements
- ensure compliance with pollution prevention requirements
- apply basic principles of naval architecture
- demonstrate basic knowledge of marine auxiliary boilers
- demonstrate basic knowledge of marine electrical systems
Your qualification prepares you for roles such as:
Further Study Option(s)
Advanced Diploma of Marine Engineering (Class 1) (Engineer Class 1 (Motor))
- Not competitive
- No selection criteria
|No selection criteria
Please contact the college to receive an indicative price for this course.