The Diploma of Building Design builds on the skills obtained in the Certificate IV in Residential Drafting and provides more drafting and design experience in Revit (CAD software) for residential and commercial small-scale building projects.
You will cover principles of energy efficient design and sustainability for design projects and occupational health and safety requirements for this booming industry.
Once you've completed this Diploma you will be able to apply your skills to diverse building design projects which may incorporate residential, commercial, public or industrial projects including new buildings and renovations.
Gain these skills
- Identify and produce estimated costs
- Prepare concept designs and specifications
- Produce and present 3-D models
- Research and create client approved designs and drawings that are compliant
- Research the best construction materials and methods for building and construction projects