Do you have a desire to work in construction working with timber?
Carpenters and joiners construct, install, renovate and repair structures and fixtures made of wood, plywood, wallboard and other materials, and cut, shape and fit timber parts to form structures and fittings.
When you complete this pre-apprenticeship you'll be what employers are looking for as an apprentice carpenter and joiner. Give yourself a better chance of gaining an apprenticeship and a flying start in learning a trade.
Gain these skills
- manual and power tool use
- construction of wall frames
- installing flooring
- interpreting plans
- calculating the right amount of materials for the job
- working with scaffolding safely at heights and
- workplace health and safety