This exciting new course is designed to give you skills that will help equip you for training and career pathways in a broad range of public service roles, with a focus on emergency and response services.
While this Certificate III course does not provide a direct pathway into employment in the emergency or response services, the topics included in the program will help prepare you to apply for roles within emergency services such as the Police Force, roles with the Australian Defence Force or Border Force for example.
You'll cover essential areas such as teamwork and leadership, communication skills, public service legislation, diversity and values, physical fitness and career planning.
You'll have access to learning support to help improve your literacy or numeracy skills and to NMT's gym facilities at our Northbridge and Joondalup campuses while you study.
- Ability to use a wide range of communication styles to suit different audiences and purposes
- Work effectively within a team environment in an organisational structure
- Identify career goals and options for pathways into the various operational services
- Improve own physical wellbeing whilst assisting to coordinate activities for others
- How to use ICT applications and media tools to establish social networks within the working environment