Gear up for a career in the automotive industry
Complete this pre-apprenticeship course and you'll have what employers will are looking for in an apprentice light vehicle automotive service and repair technician. It will give you the skills, knowledge and behaviours to make you more competitive and give you a flying start in learning a trade. Plus our strong links to the automotive industry may also help!
Automotive technicians work on the mechanical parts of motor vehicles, including the engine, transmission and suspension systems.
Gain these skills
- Carry out servicing operations
- Inspect and service engines, steering and suspension systems
- Repair single electrical circuits
- Use and maintain workplace tools and equipment
- Apply basic automotive troubleshooting processes