Learn how to empower and support the independence of our elders needing care and join one of Australia's fastest growing industries
When you complete the Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) you will be ready to start a rewarding career providing direct care to clients in residential, home and community settings.
Aged Care Workers provide personal, physical and emotional support to older people who require assistance with daily living. When you provide support to older people you are able to make a tremendous difference to their quality of life and achieve real personal satisfaction through your work. Aged care work is rewarding in itself and provides the opportunity to meet a wide variety of older people.
Australia has one of the leading aged care systems in the world, and with our ageing population — and people living longer — the demand for skilled aged care workers is increasing. In fact, aged care and disability support are the second highest employing occupations in Australia (following registered nurses in the number one spot).*
Gain these skills
- working effectively in the aged care industry and caring for the elderly
- enabling clients to maintain independence
- understand and support people with dementia
- safety procedures, ethical behaviour and infection control
- working with cultural diversity
- workplace health and safety